Here’s a much needed reminder I received recently.
WE ARE RESILIENT!
That’s right I used the big “R” word and claimed it for all of us!
What is resilience?
It’s a human quality and a choice that allows us to rise like a phoenix from the ashes of any adversity, crisis, difficulty, disappointment or failure in our lives, careers, and businesses. It takes choosing to tap into the quality of resilience that lives within us. It takes making a commitment and then doing the work needed to navigate the rough spots and tough times that I like to call our greatest growth opportunities.
So how can we tap into our resiliency?
Here’s what I know to be true from my own life and work as a wellness professional, an artist, an author, and a recovering high achiever, a lawyer, and an investment banker.
When we tap into our human birthright of mindfulness and choose to practice it along with self-care, we are nurturing and strengthening ourselves.
These two efforts begin with the Thriving Mindfully framework I have used in my mindfulness, self-care, and wellness work with individuals, companies, organizations, and communities for the past 20+ years.
The Thriving Mindfully framework consists of:
- AWARENESS: We become aware of our birthrights of mindfulness and self-care: 1) Mindfulness is the ability to be aware of what’s happening inside and outside of ourselves in the present moment; and 2) Self-care is the act of nurturing ourselves in ways that uplift our spirit, heart, mind, body, life, career, and business.
- ACCEPTANCE: We accept and claim our birthrights to mindfulness and self-care.
- AFFIRMATION: We set an intention and affirm our birthrights to mindfulness and self-care with what I call the Big 5 on a daily basis: loving kindness, compassion, nonjudgment, patience, and forgiveness.
- ACTION: We commit to and practice mindfulness and self-care by taking action steps.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We seek and secure accountability partners to support our efforts to practice mindful self-care.
- APPRECIATION: We appreciate ourselves and mindful self-care efforts by celebrating our small, medium, and big wins on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis.
BONUS TREAT: Listen to the Thriving Mindfully Podcast episode on resiliency.
If you need mindfulness, self-care, and wellness resources, I am here for you! Check out the links to my Thriving Mindfully Academy, blogs, podcasts, and more below.
- Thriving Mindfully Academy, an online learning platform that provides personal and professional development education, coaching, training, and resources on mindfulness, meditation, self-care, and wellness.
- Thriving Mindfully Podcast has over 100 episodes on mindfulness, meditation, self-care, and wellness.
- Thriving Mindfully Weekly Recipe of Mindful Self-Care Themes
- Recent Blog: Mindfulness & Self-Care Resources for Navigating Coronavirus Emergency
- Recent Blog: Welcome Spring with A Digital Wellness Plan that Helps You &Your Loved Ones Navigate COVID-19
- Recent Blog: Embracing Home Sweet Home with Mindfulness
ONE LAST THING!