Happy Halloween! If you are seeking a treat, join me on November 1 for the launch of my online book party that celebrates my new book, That Which Awakens Me: A Creative Woman’s Poetic Memoir of Self-Discovery.
The first online book party event is an author chat that will be held on November 1 at 3:00 p.m. EST on Ananda Leeke Live!, my new UStream.tv series. Click here to watch me talk about the making of my new book: www.ustream.tv/anandaleeke. You can join the chat room and ask me questions too.
My online book party also includes:
1) a series of audio blogs featuring excerpts from the book (posted on this blog on November 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30);
2) an author chat on the November 7th episode of Ananda Leeke Live! (1:00 p.m. – www.ustream.tv/anandaleeke) about the paintings and artwork included in the book;
3) an author chat on the November 14th episode of Ananda Leeke Live! (9:00 p.m. www.ustream.tv/anandaleeke) about my participation in online creative communities for National Poetry Month, Art Every Day Month, and Jamie Ridler’s Next Chapter Book Blogging Groups as a source of support during my writing process;
4) a one-on-one interview with my creative mentor Toni Dunton-Butler, President and CEO of A Silver Thread, LLC (www.asilverthread.org), about the sweet spot of sisterhood wisdom and creative lessons we learned together during my writing process on the November 15th episode of The Ananda Leeke Show at 7:00 p.m. EST – http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/15820;
5) two online yoga classes that will feature yoga-inspired excerpts from the book on November 21 and December 12 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. on www.stickam.com/anandaleeke;
6) an author chat on the December 5th episode of Ananda Leeke Live! (7:00 p.m. www.ustream.tv/anandaleeke) about the lessons I learned from writing my novel, Love’s Troubadours – Karma: Book One (www.lovestroubadours.com) and how I applied them to writing That Which Awakens Me; and
7) a one-on-one interview with my financial advisor Judy Weathers about my financial journey as a creative professional on the December 12th episode of The Ananda Leeke Show at 2:00 p.m. – http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/15820.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR for the official book release party that will be held on December 6 at 4:00 p.m. at Shakti MindBody Studio (www.shaktimindbody.com). The address is 1302 9th Street, N.W, Washington D.C. The Chinatown Metro (walk 3 blocks north on 7th Street) and Mt. Vernon Street Metro (walk 1 block South on 7th Street) are located near Shakti. For more information, contact 202.783.6463.
I will read several excerpts from That Which Awakens Me and sign copies (book sales for $32.95). I will also have copies of my debut novel, Love’s Troubadours – Karma: Book One (2007 – $20.95) for sale. If you can’t make the book party, you can purchase the books on Amazon.com beginning December 6.
I shared my Blogalicious 09 recap on The Ananda Leeke Show. Click here to listen to Episode 9 (10.29.09): www.talkshoe.com/tc/15820. I will publish my first Blogalicious conference article on my DC Social Media Examiner column on Friday evening.
On Saturday, I will launch the Blogalicious 09 Series on Sisterhood, the Blog Radio. The first episode will feature an interview with Gwen Peake, Global Digital Communications Manager at Ford Motor Company and author of If It Walks Like a Duck…and Other Truths My Mother Taught Me. Click here to listen to the show: http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/42015. I will post the schedule of shows later this weekend.
Gwen served as a presenter for Blogalicious’ Plenary Session: Social Media and the Woman of Color. Follow Gwen on Twitter – http://twitter.com/gwenj. Visit www.blogaliciousweekend.com to learn more about Blogalicious. Enjoy your day!
Peace and Creativity,
So are you in need of some fall beauty and fashion tips? If yes, tune into the October 25th episode of BAP Living Radio at 5pm EST. Sondra Lewis, founder of Chic Chocolate blog, a BAP Living member, and the new BAP Living Radio Beauty and Fashion Correspondent will share her beauty and fashion tips for Fall 2009. Lewis is a makeup artist and fashion editor. Click here to listen to the show: http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/18598. She established her blog Chic Chocolate: For Fashionistas, Stylistas, Urbanistas In DC & Beyond (http://chicchocolatedc.blogspot.com) in November 2008.
Tune into the November 1st episode of BAP Living Radio at 7:00 p.m. for a discussion about sisterhood and service. It will feature a conversation with Toni Odom, founder and CEO of Between Sisters and Restore Communications. Odom is alo author of Sistahs N Sistahood (www.sistahsonline.com). Click here to listen to the show: http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/18598.
She is also my Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. sister. We will also discuss the importance of service that we learned about when we joined Sigma. The show will also honor Sigma’s Founder’s Day on November 12 (established in 1922 – www.sgrho1922.org).
Peace and Creativity,
PS: Are you going to see Disney’s Princess and the Frog movie? I am!!! It features a BAP from New Orleans. I saw previews at Blogalicious and got some great BAP treats during a Disney sponsored lunch.
I thought I would ease into this new week with several YouTube videos that I simply adore. The first video features Priscilla Renae, a new songbird discovery I made while I was attending Blogalicious (www.blogaliciousweekend.com) on October 9-11 in Atlanta. Priscilla Renae serenaded Blogalicious attendees during the Sunday brunch sponsored by Suave. Her voice, lyrics, positive energy, creative spirit, and acoustic guitar blew my mind. She is my new favorite. Check her out!
This weekend I celebrated Diwali (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali), the Hindu festival of lights and new year, with my friends Siddharth and Nisha. They had a fabulous party with great food and friends. I was so excited when I saw President Obama’s Diwali greetings on YouTube. My President Rocks! Check out his video which explains Diwali below.
I also enjoyed watching President Obama’s town hall meeting in New Orleans last week. It inspires me to keep moving forward! Check out President Obama below. He rocks!!!!
Here’s more good news … Yesterday, I submitted my approval of my final edits to my publisher. YEAH! WOW! I took a minute to go through these edits. They reminded me that creativity is HARD! Yes, I was having some intense labor pains as I reviewed the edits. It’s the part of creativity that I hate, but must do. It’s the part of creativity that forces me to grow the most. It is the part of creativity that transforms and brings me into a strong space. So I do it despite how I feel. I do it kicking and screaming at times. I do it surrendering at times. I am working on surrendering with more ease and on a regular basis.
Any who… I am waiting on a final release date from the publisher this week or early next week. I expect it will be in mid November which will change the date of my book party that was originally scheduled for November 14 at Shakti Mind Body Studio (www.shatkimindbodystudio.com). I am going to reschedule it for early December.
I will be launching my online book party on November 1 at 3:00 p.m. EST with an author chat on my new Ananda Leeke Live show: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/anandaleeke.
Enjoy your day and week!
Peace and Creativity,
Thanks 2 Michael Stelzner 4 forwarding his article – How 2 Use Twitter 2 Grow Yr Business