Happy July! Belated Happy New Moon and Solar Eclipse (happened on July 2nd)!
When you hear the word FREEDOM what comes to mind? What does FREEDOM mean to you? What does FREEDOM look like in your life? How does it feel?
I define FREEDOM as being fully myself. It’s showing up fully as myself. It’s knowing I am worthy. It’s valuing myself. It’s accepting and loving myself as I am … all parts of myself … which is a life long journey.
The personal and professional development work I have been doing as a lululemon luminary with an amazing community of 19 dynamic women in the DC area since May has helped me dive deep into exploring what it takes to know I am free on a daily basis. For me, it starts with my spiritual practices grounded in mindful self-care.
Tune into the Thriving Mindfully Podcast to learn more about claiming your freedom with mindful self-care.
PS: The photos above were taken by photographer Karlin Villondo during one of the lululemon luminaries’ session.
Looking for new moon and solar eclipse reflections, check out MysticMamma.com here.
My lululemon luminary experience inspired me to launch the Thriving Mindfully Summer of Self-Care, a three-month journey that encourages us all to nurture our spirits, hearts, minds, bodies, breath, and lives on the Summer Solstice, June 21st (ends on September 20th). I invite you to join me on this journey. Start it when you feel called to. Use the resources that resonate with you the best. Do only what works for you. Do you boo!
Before you start…
Before you start your self-care journey, read my blog here to learn more about the Thriving Mindfully Summer of Self-Care (includes free tips and resources). Check out the weekly themes I created to encourage us all to do one thing per day to nurture ourselves. Go to my blog for more resources.
- Slow Down Sunday
- Mindful Monday
- Time Management Tuesday
- Wellness Wednesday
- Thankful Thursday
- Fun-day Friday
- Savor Your Life Saturday
Be sure to take the self-care pledge too!
Need self-care resources?
Check out the Thriving Mindfully Podcast episodes below.
- Episode: Claiming your freedom with mindful self-care
- Episode: Tips for prepping for the self-care pledge
- Episode: What is your self-care journey?
- Episode: Investing in mindful self-care and lululemon luminaries
- Episode: Mindful self-care and the power of rituals
- Episode: Practice self-care with a recipe of weekly themes during the Thriving Mindfully Summer of Self-Care
- Episode: It’s time to create a mindful self-care toolkit
Let’s Practice Mindful Self-Care Together During My DC and Online Workshops and Classes
Be sure to check out the schedule of workshops and classes below. Some workshops and classes will be held in DC and others will be held online via Facebook Live and Zoom. I hope you will join me at one or more of them!
- RECHARGE! workshops on July 7th and August 4th from 6:30-8:30 PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC ($35)
- Open Your Heart to Mindful Creativity Workshop on July 21st from 6:30-8:30PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC ($35)
- Be Mindful at Work Workshop on August 18th from 6:30-8:30PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC ($35)
Weekly and Monthly Classes
- Free Mindful Monday Meditation class on Mondays from 6:15-7:30 PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC
- Free Thriving Mindfully Meetup Group’s Monthly Saturday Morning Meditation Class in Malcom X Park on Saturdays, July 13, August 24, and September 14 from 9:30-10AM in DC
- Thriving Mindfully Meditation for Social Justice Activists ($15) on second and fourth Thursdays of each month: July 25th, August 8th and 22nd, September 12 and 26, October 10 and 24, November 8, no class on November 22 due to Thanksgiving, and December 12 and 26 from 7:15-8 p.m. at Eaton Wellness DC, 1201 K Street, NW in DC
- Free Facebook Live Meditation Classes on Tuesdays, July 16th, August 6th, and September 10th from 9-9:30PM ET – Facebook.com/AnandaLeeke64
- RECHARGE! workshops on July 6th and August 3rd from 3-5PM ET via Zoom ($35)
- Open Your Heart to Mindful Creativity Workshop on July 23rd from 8-10PM ET via Zoom ($35)
- Mindful Communication with Self and Others Workshop on July 28th from 6-8PM ET via Zoom ($35)
- Be Mindful at Work Workshop on August 24th from 3-5PM ET via Zoom ($35)