Welcome to December!
It’s been a minute since I last wrote.
I woke up several days in a row feeling out of sorts in early October. Those feelings were calling me to come home to myself. To take a deep dive into expanding how I understand myself. Ever felt this way?
My journal became sacred space for me to share my feelings. Words poured onto the pages of my journal that reminded me of poetry I had written in the past. I went online to my blog and read some of it. I also started reading poetry in my mindful creativity memoir, That Which Awakens Me (available on Amazon — go here to learn more about the book).
In reading my poems, I was able to get more grounded and made a decision to reach out to my therapist, coach, accountability and prayer partner, and sacred community for support.
As the weeks passed by, I started receiving messages from my ancestors in my journaling and artwork. They were delivering HUGE downloads of ancestral medicine that were inviting me to expand my understanding of self. So I sought support from an ancestral healing coach who helped me gain clarity and connect with my loving, wise, and well ancestors.
My ancestral medicine work helped me befriend my inner critic Broomie (a/k/a Broomhilda) and begin to face my fear of not being relevant as a 57 year old woman. It also brought me back to my human design, a powerful self-IN-powerment tool I have used to deepen my understanding, acceptance, and love of self.
Here’s the blessing. I was able to incorporate my ancestral medicine reflections and human design work into several Thriving Mindfully Podcast episodes and the Thriving Mindfully Academy’s Fall Virtual Retreat and monthly mindful self-care classes in late October and November.
Check out the Thriving Mindfully Podcast episodes here.
Watch the video below to learn about my human design journey and work as a human design doula.
Here’s what I know for sure about understanding yourself.
- Understanding yourself helps you love, accept, and nurture the REAL YOU.
- Understanding yourself is a lifelong self-discovery process that reveals your strengths, weaknesses, fears, and everything in between.
- Understanding yourself can get messy and even scary when you come face-to-face with your fears and any fears you have inherited from your ancestors. That’s why it’s important to be S.O.F.T. As Fuck with yourself.
S.O.F.T. As Fuck means you SLOW down and OFFER yourself FREEDOM TODAY and every day. That FREEDOM is loving kindness, compassion, nonjudgmement, patience, and forgiveness.
That FREEDOM is also ancestral medicine.
You gain access to your ancestral medicine when you call on your loving, wise, and well ancestors for support. Ancestral medicine is wisdom you can use as guidance in your life.
When you marry your understanding of self with ancestral medicine and human design, an IN-powerment tool, you become more grounded and are able to make better choices, informed decisions, and flow with greater ease.
As you wrap up 2022 and prepare for 2023, join me for the S.O.F.T. As Fuck December Circle: Understanding Yourself with Ancestral Medicine and Human Design on December 10th at 1-2:30 PM ET or 14th at 8-9:30 PM ET (virtual).
REGISTER HERE FOR THE S.O.F.T. AF DECEMBER CIRCLES.
During the 90-minute event, you’ll:
- Reflect on and journal about who you were in 2022 and the REAL YOU;
- Identify and journal about your fears;
- Learn about ancestral medicine, the fundamentals of human design, and how they can help you understand yourself and befriend your fears;
- Participate in an ancestral medicine meditation; and
- Create an action plan that includes intention setting, steps you can take in the next 30-90 days, accountability, and self-celebration.
SIGN UP HERE FOR THE S.O.F.T. AF DECEMBER CIRCLES.
Two more things …
Don’t miss another episode of the Thriving Mindfully Podcast! Subscribe here.
Need to be inspired and in-powered to be present, well, and the REAL YOU?
Subscribe here to my YouTube Channel.