Day #12 of Digital Sisterhood Month was a special digital diva day for me because I moderated the Digital Sisterhood Focus Group on how women in social media discuss fashion, beauty, hair, and lifestyles at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Library in Washington, DC. The dynamic digital sister panelists included:
1. LaWanda Amaker, Founder of L.A. Beaute Beat and Media Mingle;
2. Monica Byrd, Founder of Fashionista Flea Market, Pregginista, and Charm Chat, and DC Women’s Style Examiner;
3. Kelly Collis, Founder of City Shop Girl;
4. Glory Edim, Founder of I Hate My 9 to 5 blog;
5. Sheena D. Franklin, Founder/CEO of Bella Bush;
6. Aisha Massac, Esthetician, Makeup Artist, and Founder of I.C. Faces;
7. Courtney Powell, founder of ThinkandGrowChick.com;
8. Laquita Thomas-Banks, Founder of All Naptural blog and DC Natural Hair Examiner; and
9. Dana Williams-Johnson, Founder of The Art of Accessories.
Many thanks to Xina Eiland for serving as the event videographer, Sharon Malachi for serving as the event photographer, and Glory Edim’s mother Ms. Henrietta for making “Digital Sisterhood” cupcakes (they were yummy) for the ladies!
- Click here to see photos from the event.
- Click here to listen to my audio blog recap of the event.
- Click here to watch a video (21 minutes) that introduces the panelists and their blogging passions.