Welcome to the Thriving Mindfully Academy! We decided to offer a soft launch to support and help people just like YOU and mission-driven companies, organizations, and communities navigate the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020. A full site is coming later in 2021.
May you take what you need to create your own healthcare plan with mindfulness, self-care, and wellness. Leave the rest behind. May you share the resources with others in your network! Thanks in advance for stopping by and sharing the resources!
What is the Thriving Mindfully Academy?
The Thriving Mindfully Academy (TMA) is an online learning platform that provides personal and professional development education, coaching, training, and resources in mindfulness, self-care, and wellness. TMA is headquartered in Washington, DC. We acknowledge we are located on the sacred land of the Piscataway Indian Nation.
TMA was founded by Ananda Leeke, an award-winning wellness professional, author, and artist who discovered mindfulness, self-care, and wellness when her career as a lawyer, an investment banker, and a digital communications professional stressed her out, caused burnout, and did not produce the level of success she expected. During Ananda’s healing journey, she studied and practiced meditation, yoga, reiki, journaling, art-making, and creative writing. They helped her develop self-care practices, navigate change, and become resilient. As a result, she became a certified yoga + mindfulness teacher, a digital wellness educator, a reiki master practitioner, a sound healer, and an artist-in-residence for the Smith Center for Healing and the Arts at Howard University Hospital and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Today, Ananda helps high achievers and mission-driven companies, organizations, and communities outsmart stress and burnout, embrace digital wellness, navigate change, become resilient, and thrive mindfully. As the Chief Mindfulness Officer of Ananda Leeke Consulting, a wellness company that specializes in personal and professional development, she leads the Thriving Mindfully Academy. She also hosts and produces the Thriving Mindfully Podcast. Currently, she serves as a coach for the Nonprofit Technology Network’s (NTEN) Fall 2020 Alchemy Tech Cohort Program in the areas of mindful self-care, digital wellness, mindful communication, and mindful creativity. Her mindful self-care webinar is included in NTEN’s self-paced webinar series. Learn more about her here.
Thriving Mindfully Academy’s 4 Core Practice Areas
We believe mindfulness, self-care, wellness, and digital wellness are essential to creating a healthcare plan you can rely on. We use our expertise to empower you to manifest your healthcare plan in your life, career, and business. Click on the links below to learn more about our core practice areas (includes articles, tips, podcasts, videos, and more).
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness is your birthright! That’s right you were born with the ability to be aware of what’s happening inside and outside of yourself in the present moment. Mindfulness becomes a practice when you choose to pay attention to what’s happening inside and outside of yourself in the present moment with the Big 5: loving kindness, compassion, nonjudgment, patience, and loving kindness.
- Self-Care: Self-care is the act of nurturing your spirit, heart, mind, body, breath, and life in ways that uplift you. Self-care allows you to tap into your inner mother for nurturing. Self-care makes you strong not weak. Self-care is absolutely free and accessible to you 24 hours a day because it begins with your breath.
- Wellness: Wellness is the act of becoming aware of and making healthy choices that support and strengthen your spiritual, emotional, mental, physical, and creative energy and well-being.
- Digital Wellness: Digital Wellness is the use of technology in mindful, intentional, and healthy ways.
Training, Speaking, and Coaching Services
The Thriving Mindfully Academy’s training, speaking, and coaching offerings address the following areas:
- Mindfulness 101
- Mindful Self-Care
- Mindful Creativity
- Mindful at Work
- Mindful Communication
- Mindful Relationships
- Mindful Leadership
- Mindful Technology (Digital Wellness, Tech-Life Balance, and Tech Equity)
Contact [email@example.com] to discuss your training, speaking, and coaching needs.
Thriving Mindfully is a heart-centered approach to being the REAL YOU in your life, career, and business. It is rooted in the wisdom of TMA Founder and Chief Mindfulness Officer Ananda Leeke’s wellness women warriors, Dr. Maya Angelou, Audre Lorde, Toni Cade Bambara, Alice Walker, Dr. Angela Davis, and Lorraine Hansberry:
- “My mission in life is to not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” Dr. Maya Angelou
- “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation.” Audre Lorde
- “Revolution begins with the self, in the self.” Toni Cade Bambara
- “You don’t always have to be doing something. You can just be, and that’s plenty.” Alice Walker
- “Anyone who’s interested in making change in the world, also has to learn how to take care of herself, himself, themselves.” Dr. Angela Y. Davis
- “Life has within that which is good, that which is beautiful, and that which is love. Therefore, since I have known all of these things, I found them to be reason enough, and I wish to live.” Lorraine Hansberry
The Thriving Mindfully approach is based on the lessons Ananda learned in her life, career, and business journey from lawyer, investment banker, and digital communications professional to wellness professional, author, and artist. It is rooted in the following five core commitments:
- Slow Your Living
- Sustain Your Living
- Share Your Living
- Serve Through Your Living
- Savor Your Living
When TMA works with clients, we provide mindful self-care, creativity, communication, and leadership strategies you can use to show up fully and freely as the REAL YOU in your life and career.
Here are some links you can use to learn about Ananda’s journey and to expand your understanding of the five core commitments.
- Thriving Mindfully Show on Eaton Radio: A Conversation with Ananda Leeke: Thriving Mindfully as the Real Me (interview conducted by Xina Eiland, President & CEO of X-PR via Eaton Radio), March 2020
- Video: Thriving Mindfully as the REAL ME on U Street
The Thriving Mindfully Podcast on Soundcloud features over 100 episodes on mindfulness, meditation, self-care, and wellness to help you become resilient in your life, career, and business. Below are a sample of episodes you can use starting NOW!
- Mindfulness: What is it?
- Meditation: What is it? (includes a guided meditation)
- Meditation that focuses on the body
- Meditation that focuses on the breath
WEEKLY RECIPE OF MINDFUL SELF-CARE THEMES
Watch the video and learn how you can bring more mindful self-care into your life, career, and business with the Thriving Mindfully Weekly Recipe of Self-Care Themes.
HOW TO USE S-T-R-E-S-S TOOL
Watch the video to learn how to use the Thriving Mindfully Academy’s S-T-R-E-S-S tool to cope with and/or outsmart stress, anxiety, and overwhelming feelings.
Sign up to participate in the online community, classes, workshops, and courses below.
FREE ONLINE COMMUNITY: A Mindful Cup of Tea Facebook Group
- Weekly Mindful Monday Meditation class from 7-7:30 p.m. ET (January-December 2021): Sign up here.
- Spring Virtual Retreat on March 21st at 2-4:30 PM ET: Buy tickets here.
- Spring Virtual Retreat (2nd option) on March 27th at 7-9:30 PM ET
- Summer Virtual Retreat on June 19th at 2-4:30 PM ET
- Autumn Virtual Retreat on September 19th at 2-4:30 PM ET
- Winter Virtual Retreat on December 12th at 2-4:30 PM ET
- Love’s Troubadours, a yoga-inspired novel
- That Which Awakens Me, a mindful creativity memoir
- Digital Sisterhood, a mindful technology memoir