FREE WEEKLY MONDAY CLASS
- Mindful Monday Meditation Class on Mondays from 6:15-7:30 p.m. at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW, Washington, DC (will meet every Monday in 2019 except Memorial Day, Labor Day, and the last three Mondays in December)
- Online Thriving Mindfully Meditation Class on October 10, 8-9PM ET ($20) – Register online.
- Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – Full Moon on October 12 from 8:30-10PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC ($20) – Register online.
- Online Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – Full Moon on October 13 from 7-8:30PM ET ($30) – Register online.
- Mindful at Work Online Workshop on October 17 from 8-10PM ET ($57) – Register online.
- Mindful Communication in Your Career, Business, and Workplace Online Workshop on October 20 from 5-7PM ET ($57) – Register online.
- Mindful Creativity in Your Career, Business, and Workplace Online Workshop on October 24 from 8-10PM ET ($57) – Register online.
- Online Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – New Moon on October 26 from 8-9:30PM ET ($30) – Register online.
- Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – New Moon on October 27 from 6:30-8PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC ($30) – Register online.
- Online Thriving Mindfully Meditation Class on November 5, 8-9PM ET ($20) – Register online.
- Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – Full Moon on November 12 from 7:30-9PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC ($30) – Register online.
- Online Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – Full Moon on November 13 from 8-9:30PM ET ($30) – Register online.
- Transform Your Failures into Interrupted Success Online Workshop on November 21 from 8-10PM ET ($57) – Register online.
- Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – New Moon on November 24 from 6:30-8PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC ($30) – Register online.
- Online Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – New Moon on November 26 from 8-9:30PM ET ($30) – Register online.
- Online Thriving Mindfully Meditation Class on December 5, 8-9PM ET ($20) – Register online.
- Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – Full Moon on December 11 from 7:30-9PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC ($30) – Register online.
- Online Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – Full Moon on December 12 from 8-9:30PM ET ($30) – Register online.
- Winter Solstice Celebration Workshop on December 21 from 8:30-10PM at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC ($40) – Register online.
- Online Winter Solstice Celebration Workshop on December 22 from 8:30-10PM ($40) – Register online.
- Online Thriving Mindfully Moon Circle – New Moon on December 27 from 8-9:30PM ET ($30) – Register online.
- Mindful creativity session during the Wellness Symposium and mindful moment sessions in the Zen Zone at the National Association of Corporate Directors’ 2019 Global Board Leaders’ Summit (September 2019)
- Opening mindfulness meditation at the People of Color Psychedelic Collective’s Empyrean: People of Color & Psychedelics Conference at the Eaton DC (September 2019)
- Announcement – Well-Being and Equity Bridging Network’s Well-Being Warrior (September 2019)
- Announcement – Acquisition International’s 2019 Influential Businesswoman in Professional Development – USA Award (August 2019)
- the native society Q&A about life and service as an author, artist, and Chief Mindfulness Officer of Ananda Leeke Consulting (July 2019)
- Nonprofit Radio interview (interview starts at 30.40 mark) on mindfulness, resilience, and sustainable impact at the Nonprofit Technology Network’s annual conference (May 2019)
- The Alchemy Parlour podcast interview on how mindfulness and intuition can help you to navigate the co-emergence of technology and the online world (May 2019)
- Selected to serve as a lululemon luminary (May 2019)
- Kicked off Wonder Women Tech Summit with mindfulness meditation and mindful moments at the Embassy of France (speaker page – May 2019)
- Partnered with Eaton DC to launch Thriving Mindfully Show on Eaton Radio (March 2019)
- Mindful Communication presentation during the Activating a Culture of Resilience and Sustainable Impact session at the Nonprofit Technology Network Conference (March 2019)
- Joined Nonprofit Technology Network’s Board of Directors (March 2019)
- AnitaB.org Black History Month Celebration featuring Black women in tech (February 2019)
- Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council (MMTC) Podcast interview with Rahsan Lindsay, TV One Executive Vice President of Ad Sales and Marketing at TV One, about TV One’s launch of CLEO TV, a lifestyle and entertainment cable channel targeting millennial and gen X women of color (January 2019)
- Turning Corners, the podcast interview that features a discussion about why I think mindfulness is the new the sexy and how it helped me turn corners in my life and career (January 2019)
- Included in the 2018 List of 200 Black Women in Tech to Follow On Twitter (January 2019)
- Quoted in Isthmus.com article “#UsToo: Sexual assault survivors name offenders in secret Facebook groups” by Steven Potter (November 2018)
- Early Accountability Podcast with Kimi Walker interview about the art of being mindful (November 2018)
- Visible Women Podcast interview about mindfulness, meditation, and self-care for women of color who experience silencing in the workplace (October 2018)
- Mindful at Work Meditation & Discussion, WeWork DC Meetup Night (October 2018)
- Mindfulness meditation at inaugural retreat for mindfulness teachers, Big Bear Retreat Center (September 2018)
- Wellness Wednesday Meditation, Femme Fatale DC (September 2018)
- Mindful Movement Workshop, Unity World Day of Prayer event, Unity of Washington, DC (September 2018)
- WeUpWomen Adelaide Smith Award (August 2018)
- Mindfulness meditation and dharma talk at Insight Community of Washington, DC’s People of Color Sangha (July 2018)
- Mindfulness meditation and mindful communication exercises at X+PR’s Hack Your PR workshop at the Femme Fatale Pop Up (July 2018)
- Acquisition International’s Influential Businesswoman Award winners of 2018 – Most Caring Woman in Mindfulness Training (July 2018)
- Open Your Heart to Mindful Creativity Workshop, Unity of Washington, DC (June 2018)
- Entrepreneurs’ self-care on Get Found Get Funded’s Facebook Live session about depression and suicide among entrepreneurs (June 2018)
- Mindfulness at Work Training for the Institute for Medicaid Innovation (June 2018)
- WHUR 96.3 FM The Daily Drum conversation for National Meditation Month: “Learning the Path to Meditation and Inner Peace” (May 2018)
- Mental Health America’s Mindful Monday Podcast during Mental Health Awareness Month (podcast link, May 2018)
- Technology for Mindfulness Podcast interview about mindful technology and how the power of one’s breath and the practice of mindfulness can help outsmart stress with Robert Plotkin, founder of Technology for Mindfulness, engineer, and long-time mindfulness practitioner (April 2018)
- “Be present in 2018 … Investing in Mindful Moments!” talk, Association of Wedding Professionals, DC Chapter Meeting (April 2018)
- Guest Lecture for Professor Scott Talan’s Media Class at the American University School of Communication (April 2018)
- Nonprofit Technology Network Conference session on How to MacGyver Your Way to Digital Success as a Small/Mid-Sized Nonprofit (presented on mindful digital storytelling, April 2018)
- Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council (MMTC) Podcast discussion about the importance of the Digital 2020 Census and the impact of technology on communities of color with Maria Smith Dautruche, Vice President of Partnerships and Advancement, National Urban League; and Jeri Green, Senior Advisor to the 2020 Census, National Urban League (March 2018)
- Afro-American Newspaper, Opinion Commentary: “Discover the Power of Unplugging” (March 2018)
- The Stroke Diva Fabulous Radio Show interview about mindful living, mindful creativity, mindful technology, and how mindfulness can be used to honor Black History Month and support the civil rights movement with host and media solopreneur Kamaria T. Richmond (February 2018)
- Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council (MMTC) Podcast interview with FinTech entrepreneur Wole Coaxum, founder and CEO of Mobility Capital Finance, Inc., about his career journey (January 2018)
- Interview with Smith Center for Healing and the Arts about artist-in-residency (podcast included, December 2017)
- Ignite talk on mindfulness for digital strategists involved in social justice at the Web of Change Conference in British Columbia, Canada (listen to audio on video, October 2017)
- Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council (MMTC) Podcast interview with MMTC President and CEO Kim Keenan about net neutrality (October 2017)
- Mindfulness meditation for women professionals at the Sisterhued Wellness Retreat (video, August 2017)
- Cecile Bizet Burbank’s Podcast interview on “Mindful Living Everyday” July 2017)
- Amazon Author Spotlight at BlogHer Conference (video, June 2017)
- Mindful moment exercise at the BlogHer Conference (video, June 2017)
- Panelist for Trendwatch in Health, Fitness, Wellness, and Nutrition session at the BlogHer Conference (spoke about mindfulness; Facebook Live video, June 2017)
- Quoted in Ravishly.com’s article “Secret Women-Only Facebook Groups Are Revolutionizing Feminism” by Leigh Cuen (May 2017)
- Named as one of the 200 Black Women in Tech to Follow on Twitter by BlackWomenTech.com (April 2017)
- Law Students in Court Podcast interview with Connecticut Supreme Court Justice Carmen Espinosa (November 2016)
- Law Students in Court Podcast interview on Prison Tech with Mission: Launch, Inc. Co-Founder Teresa Hodge (November 2016)
- Featured in Law Students in Court’s LinkedIn article: LSIC Celebrates 1st Year Anniversary of Wellness Wednesdays (September 2016)
- Law Students in Court Podcast interview with Glenn Martin, Founder of JustLeadershipUSA (September 2016)
- Law Students in Court Podcast interview with criminal justice advocate and attorney Jonathan Rapping, founder of Gideon’s Promise (July 2016)
- Spiritpreneur interview with Abiola Abrams (June 2016)
- Commentator, Problem with Social Media episode on The Daily Drum, WHUR 96.3 FM (audio clip, May 2016)
- Ignite talk on My Chameleon Career: Thriving in the Midst of 180-Degree Change at the Nonprofit Technology Network Conference (video, March 2016)
- Law Students in Court Podcast interview with National Urban League CEO Marc A. Morial (December 2015)
- Commentator, Internet Trolls episode on The Daily Drum, WHUR 96.3 FM (audio clip, November 2015)
- Featured in the Women in Tech Campaign (June 2015)
- Featured as May Women Entrepreneur in Digital Media on CraftWebSolutions.com (May 2015)
- Quoted in HerPowerHustle.com’s Mogul Monday Musings with Michelle: I Meant To Do That! (setting intentions for attending conferences, May 2015)
- Blogger Week Unconference Speaker Profile (April 2015)
- Featured on Medium.com: What I’ve learned so far from #socialcivics by White House Chief Digital Officer Jason Goldman (April 2015)
- Featured in KristiDoesPDX.com’s Press Publish Conference Blog Recap (April 2015)
- Featured in Word-Savant.com’s Press Publish Conference Blog Recap (April 2015)
- Featured in BookishHeather.com’s Press Publish Conference Blog Recap (April 2015)
- Featured in JulieWritesat.wordpress.com’s Press Publish Conference Blog Recap (March 2015)
- Featured in KarvelDigital.com’s Press Publish Conference Blog Recap (March 2015)
- Narrative Network’s Guest Blog Feature: Mom, my shero (March 2015)
- Featured in MediaRhetoric.com’s #SocialCivics: A Challenge for the Digital Citizen by Dr. Janet Johnson (March 2015)
- Featured in Portland Bloggers Press Publish Conference Announcement (March 2015)
- Automattic/WordPress Press Publish Speaker Spotlight (February 2015)
- Take Charge of Your Own Health Podcast Interview on Health Benefits of Yoga with Meredith Hurston (July 2014)
- The Ed Brown Show Interview on Bowie TV (July 2014)
- Spelman College Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary of the Digital Moving Image Salon with a Conversation with Ananda Leeke (April 2014)
- Radical Self-Expression Feature on RadicalSelfie.com (March 2014)
- “A year after ‘Lean In,’ these are Sheryl Sandberg’s truest believers” by Lisa Bonos, Washington Post (March 2014)
- Author Spotlight, BeBlogalicious.com (February 2014)
- Creative Coaching with Ananda Leeke & Mind Right Mondays, HeadbandforToday.com (November 2014)
- Deborah Shane’s Metropolis Podcast Interview (December 2013)
- My Womanline’s Digital Footprint by Briana Ford (December 2013)
- Silhouette Logo for Digital Sisterhood Book Cover by Dariela Cruz (October 2013)
- BlogHer Conference Video Interview by Lauren Brown Jarvis of NationBuilder (July 2013)
- The Hot Mommas Project 2012-2013 Author (July 2013)
- Digital Sisters Expand to New York by Sylvia Wong Lewis (December 2012)
- Digital Sisterhood Network Announces 2012 Digital Sisters of the Year by Janel Martinez, BlackEnterprise.com (December 2012)
- Digital Sisterhood Fashion Flash Mob by Brea Ellis (December 2012)
- Salon Series by Brea Ellis (December 2012)
- Logo Design – Digital Sisterhood Network by Dariela Cruz (November 2012)
- Lifestyle: Women Interactive at Spelman by Ericka Tinsely (October 2012)
- Blogalicious Gives Birth to Digital Sisterhood, BeBlogalicious.com (June 2012
- Inner Women/Internal Aspects, MadeMoreBeautiful.com (June 2012)
- The #Digitini Experience, BeEverywhere.TV (June 2012)
- Spelman College Women of Color Conference, CascadePatch.com (May 2012)
- How BlissDom Changed Me Interview, BlissDomConference.com (March 2012)
- Ananda’s BlissDom Conference session, “Fierce Living from Your Creative Heart” mentioned in Erin L. Margolin’s My Inner Women blog post (February 2012)
- Ignite DC interview about Ananda’s talk on “Digital Sisterhood for DC Women Entrepreneurs” on Geoff Living’s Posterous blog (October 2011)
- Hager Sharp Hosts BPRS-DC Fall Meeting and Blogalicous Panel (September 2011)
- BlogHer 2011 LIVEBLOG Transcript for Peer Networking session includes Ananda’s comments as a panelist (August 2011)
- Black Enterprise Names Ananda Leeke as one of the Black Women in Tech to Follow on Twitter (July 2011)
- Spelman College Celebrates Digital Innovation in Filmmaking and Mass Communication, RollingOut.com (May 2011)
- Interview with Ananda Leeke of the Digital Sisterhood Project by Kiratiana Freelon, National Association of Black Journalists Digital Blog (April 2011)
- Newswise.com reports that Digital Sisterhood founder Ananda Leeke will speak at Spelman College’s Digital Moving Image Salon and Women in Film & Television Atlanta’s Digital Doyenne event (April 2011)
- Smith Magazine Names Ananda Leeke as Member of the Month (April 2011)
- Clinton Bush Haiti Fund Feature Heart of Haiti Blogger Ambassador Ananda Leeke (March 2011)
- Ezulie & Ananda by Danica Kombol, Beirut-or-Bust Blog (February 2011)
- May The Force Be With You by Regina Holliday (January 2011)
- ‘Artist Talks’ by Glory Edim, IHateMy9to5.com (December 2010)
- Writer/Blogger LaTonya Richardson’s Digital Sisterhood Month Interview with Ananda Leeke (December 2010)
- All the Blog’s a Page: Influences – In Touch with a Jill of All Trades, Author Ananda Leeke (September 2010)
- “HAUTE LIT: Ananda Leeke on creativity, following your heart, and doing it for yourself!,”This Side of the Wall blog (September 2010)
- Socially Diverse interview (September 2010 podcast)
- Creative Living with Jamie: Ananda Leeke (August 2010 podcast)
- “Just Say Namaste: How Yoga Will Change Your Mind, Body, and Spirit” (May 2010)
- April 2010 Innerpreneur Spotlight on Rise of the Innerpreneur blog (April 2010)
- Pearls Book Club Blog Interview (April 2010)
- “Novelist gives book marketing tips for fiction writers using social media,” Examiner.com (March 2010)
- BellaOnline interview with Life Coaching editor Leah Mullen (March 2009)
- Feminist Queries interview with Change.org’s Women’s Rights blogger Jen Nedeau (February 2009)
- “A Salute to Scribes: Ananda Kiamsha Madelyn Leeke” article (November 2008), Clutch Magazine
- “Writer’s Block” article (October 2008), Prince George’s Suite Magazine highlights Ananda’s debut novel Love’s Troubadours – Karma: Book One and its connection to P.G. County, Maryland. The article also mentions Ananda’s childhood in P.G. County and artist-in-residence work with Smith Farm Center for Healing and the Arts at Howard University Hospital.
- “Om, Sweet Om” article (July 2008), The Washington Post’s TheRoot.com features Ananda and her debut novel Love’s Troubadours – Karma: Book One.“Yoga: No Fancy Pants Required” article (May 2008), The Washington Post discusses Ananda’s role as a volunteer yoga teacher for a local meet up that offers free yoga classes in Malcom X Park in Washington, DC.