Happy New Year and New Decade!
How are you stepping into the new year and decade?
Are you showing up as the REAL YOU?
It’s okay if you don’t have answers to one or both of these questions.
I invite you to slow your living down and take time this month to explore who you want to be and how you want to step into this year and decade. To get you started, I have included the Thriving Mindfully Commitments I am using to navigate my new year and decade. See below.
Become still and ask yourself what each commitment means to you.
Carve out some time to write about them in your journal (go here to listen to my Thriving Mindfully Podcast for tips on mindful journaling). Reflect on what you have written.
Be with it all for a few days before coming back to your journal.
Reread your thoughts and select the words, phrases, and sentences that truly touch your heart. Let them guide you as you prepare your intention(s).
If you need more encouragement and inspiration watch my video story that shares how living on U Street in DC helped me embrace Thriving Mindfully as the REAL ME.
During the video, I share the lessons I learned that led me to create Thriving Mindfully as a heart-centered approach to being the REAL YOU. You get the inside scoop on what I am currently writing about in my fourth book, Thriving Mindfully as the REAL ME. You’ll also learn about how I use the Thriving Mindfully 5 Commitments: Slow Your Living, Sustain Your Living, Share Your Living, Serve Through Your Living, and Savor Your Living.
Need more support with opening your heart and incorporating mindfulness, self-care, wellness, and creativity into your life and career?
Seeking ways to be more resilient in your life and career?
Looking for a meditation community in DC?
Interested in participating in monthly moon circles and learning how you can use moon energy, astrology, meditation, gentle yoga, reiki, crystal therapy, and chakra sound healing to understand yourself and navigate your life and career journey?
Check out my January offerings below.
Join me and the Thriving Mindfully Meetup Group for the FREE Mindful Monday Meditation class on Mondays from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW in DC. The first class of 2020 begins on January 6th. Go here for more information.
Guess what will happen on the third Monday of each month during the Mindful Monday Meditation class? An open mic circle! A short meditation will be held from 6:15 p.m. to 6:35 p.m. The open mic will be held from 6:40 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. All folx who want to share their creative gifts are welcome!
The moon is a feminine symbol that represents our inner world, intuition, emotions (known and hidden), unconscious beliefs, desires, dreams, shadow self, fears, and worries. It orbits the earth about every 29 days. Each month it invites us to slow down and go within to connect with ourselves.
Takerah Mafi says, “the moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It is always there watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it is a different version of itself. Sometime weak and wane. Sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human.”
The new moon represents new beginnings, fresh starts, and new ideas. It invites us to slow down and carve out time to retreat, regain our strength, and recharge. It’s a good time to tap into our intuition, set intentions, and establish boundaries with people that drain us.
The full moon calls us to slow down and chill out, meditate, dance to release energy, let go of emotional baggage, forgive self and others, charge crystals, and cleanse home and office spaces. It’s a good time to manifest goals; nurture passions; encourage strength, power, love, knowledge, money and dreams; and practice gratitude and rituals for prophecy and protection.
The Thriving Mindfully Moon Circles were created to celebrate the connection we each have to the moon and to empower you with tools, resources, sacred space, and a diverse community to be and do the REAL YOU.
Each month, the Thriving Moon Circles celebrate the new moon and full moon at Qi Kratom CBD Tea, 1517 U Street, NW, in Washington, DC. Online moon circles are also held via Zoom. During each moon circle, you will learn how to:
- Make the moon your BFF, Bae, and Boo with mindful self-care practices including meditation, gentle yoga, reiki, crystal therapy, chakra sound healing, and other rituals from around the world.
- Dive deep into yourself and discover your sweet spots, spicy edges, and stuff that has you stuck in fear, doubt, lack, limitation, resentment, and/or resistance.
- Shine light on and begin to release and forgive what no longer serves you.
- Set intentions that will help support you in being and doing the REAL YOU.
- Commit to your intentions and receive tips on creating an action plan that focuses on small steps, accountability, and self-celebration.
Join me for the Thriving Mindfully Moon Circles in DC on January 10th and 24th. The Online Thriving Mindfully Moon Circles will be held on January 12th and 23rd. See details below.
- DC Thriving Mindfully Circle – Full Moon in Cancer on January 10th from 8:30-10 p.m. at Qi Kratom CBD Tea ($30)
- Online Thriving Mindfully Circle – Full Moon in Cancer on January 12th from 7-8:30 p.m. at ET ($30)
- Online Thriving Mindfully Circle – New Moon in Aquarius on January 23rd from 8-9:30 p.m. ET ($30)
- DC Thriving Mindfully Circle – New Moon in Aquarius on January 24th from 8:30-10 p.m. at Qi Kratom CBD Tea ($30)
Ladies, do you want to start 2020 with grace, ease, and a commitment to self-care?
Take a pause for your own cause — your own well-being and join me for Thriving Mindfully as YOU in 2020 & Beyond, a two-day online women’s personal development retreat on Saturday, January 25th (7-9PM ET) and Sunday, January 26th (3-5PM ET).
Sign up here ($107) and invite your friends to join you.
During the women’s online retreat, you will have time to:
- Reflect on who YOU have become
- Explore how you have loved, valued, and honored yourself
- Find out who or what’s been getting in your way
- Dive deep and discover the YOU that you want to be in the new year and the new decade
- Practice mindful self-care with meditation, gentle office yoga, and journaling exercises
- Identify the resources, action steps, and accountability support you need to manifest the woman you want to become in 2020 and beyond
- Create a self-celebration plan to appreciate your small, medium, and big wins in 2020 and beyond
A Zoom video link will be emailed to you once you register for the women’s online retreat.
ONE-ON-ONE COACHING: I love coaching and supporting people just like you who are committed to exploring mindfulness, meditation, and mindful self-care in their lives. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more support. We can set up a free 20-minute consultation call to discuss how we can work together. I offer an hourly rate and three-month and six-month packages.
MINDFULNESS, SELF-CARE & YOGA-INSPIRED BOOKS: Check out my three mindfulness books here: Love’s Troubadours, a yoga-inspired novel; That Which Awakens Me, a mindful creativity memoir; and Digital Sisterhood, a mindful technology memoir. My books make great gifts for yourself and others.