Calling all BlogHer 13 attendees! Be sure to check out my 30 minute talk on “What Type of Social Media Leader Are You? on July 26 and 27. During my talk, I will introduce the seven Digital Sisterhood Leadership archetypes that have helped me understand the leadership roles women play in social media. Today, I would like to introduce you to the Lifestylista, one of the Digital Sisterhood Leadership archetypes.
A Lifestylista is a woman who lives her life as a work of art; expresses it through her passion for beauty, entertaining, fashion, food, home décor, personal style, and travel; and inspires others to live their lives as works of art.
During Digital Sisterhood Month 2012, the women listed below were named Digital Sisters of the Year – Lifestylistas. Recognize any familiar names?
- Monica Byrd, founder of BabyBlashandBling.com and TheCharmChat.com
- Lilian Chang, founder of ChineseGrandma.com
- Julia Coney, founder of AllAboutThePretty.net and yoga teacher
- Jewel Figueras, founder of JewelsFabLife.com
- Kiratiana Freelon, author and founder of KiratianaTravels.com
- Latoicha Givens, founder of LuxeTips.com
- Maura Hernandez, founder of TheOtherSideofTheTortilla.com
- Mattie James, founder of Atlanta Style Bloggers, Mattieologie.com, and Style Bloggers of Color
- Marie Denee Leggette, author and founder of The Curvy Fashionista blog
- Katherine Martinez, founder of La Petite Marmoset
- Mercedes Sanchez, founder of BeChicMag.com
- Jacqueline Shaw, author and founder of AfricaFashionGuide.com
- Deb Vaughan, founder of Real Girl Runway blog
While writing my upcoming Digital Sisterhood book, I created manifesto collages to better understand each leadership archetype. Check out the Lifestylista’s key phrases.
Do any of the words resonate with you?
Are you an Lifestylista?