Calling all BlogHer 13 attendees! Be sure to check out my 30 minute talk on “What Type of Social Media Leader Are You? on July 26 and 27. During my talk, I will introduce the seven Digital Sisterhood Leadership archetypes that have helped me understand the leadership roles women play in social media.
- Today, I would like to introduce you to the Creativista, one of the Digital Sisterhood Leadership archetypes. A Creativista is a woman who gives birth to creativity (art, books, films, products, services, and webisodes).
During Digital Sisterhood Month 2012, the women listed below were named Digital Sisters of the Year – Creativistas. Recognize any familiar names?
- Ayoka Chenzira, digital media artist, filmmaker, founder of OrdinaryDayActs.com and Spelman College’s Digital Moving Image Salon, and professor
- Joy Cho, author, designer, and founder of Oh Joy! blog
- Dariela Cruz, co-founder of Dari Design Studio and founder of MamiTalks.com
- Leah Piken Kolidas, artist and founder of Art Every Day Month and CreativeEveryDay.com
- Claire Dee Lim, founder of “The Power Object” webisode series
- Arielle Loren, founder of Corset Magazine
- Kathy Cano-Murillo, author and founder of CraftyChica.com
- Stephanie Piche, founder of Mingle Media TV
- Felicia Pride, author and founder of The Create Daily and Pride Collective
- Issa Rae, founder of “The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl” webisode series
- Kelly Rae Roberts, artist, author, and founder of KellyRaeRoberts.com
- Jessica Solomon, founder of Art In Praxis: Theory+Practice/Art=New Worlds blog and The Saartjie Project
- Daryn Strauss, founder of Digital Chick TV and “Downsized” webisode series
- Mindy Tsonas, artist and founder of WishStudio.com
While writing my upcoming Digital Sisterhood book, I created manifesto collages to better understand each leadership archetype. Check out the Creativista’s key phrases.
Do any of the words resonate with you?
Are you a Creativista?