Calling all BlogHer 13 attendees! Be sure to check out my 30 minute talk on “What Type of Social Media Leader Are You? on July 26 and 27. During my talk, I will introduce the seven Digital Sisterhood Leadership archetypes that have helped me understand the leadership roles women play in social media.
Today, I would like to introduce you to the Evangelista, one of the Digital Sisterhood Leadership archetypes. An Evangelista is a woman who supports and advocates a philosophy, a values system, a lifestyle, a cause, or a campaign that improves her life and others’ lives.
During Digital Sisterhood Month 2012, the women listed below were named Digital Sisters of the Year – Evangelistas. Recognize any familiar names?
- Luvvie Ajayi, co-founder of The Red Pump Project, founder of Awesomely Luvvie blog, and social media strategist and trainer
- Veronica Arreola, founder of Viva La Feminista blog
- Sloane Berrent Davidson, founder of TheCausemopolitan.com
- Tracey Friley, founder of OneBrownGirl.com and The Passport Party Project
- Regina Holliday, artist and founder of Medical Advocacy blog
- Ileana Jimenez, educator and founder of FeministTeacher.com
- Nicole McLean, breast cancer activist and founder of My Fabulous Boobies blog
- Laurita Tellado, blogger, founder of HoldinOurForAHero.org, and journalist
- Suzanne Turner, founder of Feminism 2.0 and Turner Strategies
- Karyn Watkins, co-founder of The Red Pump Project and founder of TheFabulousGiver.com
- Chrysula Winegar, communications consultant and founder of WhenYouWakeUpAMother.com
While writing my upcoming Digital Sisterhood book, I created manifesto collages to better understand each leadership archetype. Check out the Evangelista’s key phrases.
Do any of the words resonate with you?
Are you an Evangelista?