Calling all BlogHer 13 attendees! Be sure to check out my 30 minute talk on “What Type of Social Media Leader Are You? on July 26 and 27. During my talk, I will introduce the seven Digital Sisterhood Leadership archetypes that have helped me understand the leadership roles women play in social media. Today, I would like to introduce you to the Empowerista, one of the Digital Sisterhood Leadership archetypes.
An Empowerista is a woman who creates and curates content, shares information and experiences, connects with others and establishes positive relationships, and builds and participates in communities that empower her and others.
During Digital Sisterhood Month 2012, the women listed below were named Digital Sisters of the Year – Empoweristas. Recognize any familiar names?
- Joanne Bamberger, author and founder of PunditMom.com
- Sara Chipps, co-founder of Girl Develop It
- Stacey Ferguson, co-founder and chief curator of BeBlogalicious.com and founder of Justice Fergie Lifestyle Media
- Ana Flores, author, co-founder of SpanglishBaby.com, and founder of LatinaBloggersConnect.com
- Kathy Korman Frey, founder of HotMommasProject.com and professor
- Alexis Pauline Gumbs, author, founder of Broken Beautiful Press blog, professor, and writer
- Kristal High, founder of Politic365
- Vanessa Hurst, co-founder of Girl Develop It and founder of Developers for Good
- Lauren Brown Jarvis, founder of DigitalDoyennes.com, National Communications Director for the New Leaders Council, and writer for Examiner.com and The Huffington Post
- Christine Johnson, founder of IamDTech
- Tara Joyce, author and founder of The Rise of the Innerpreneur blog
- Allyson Kapin, founder of WomenWhoTech.com
- Christine Koh, founder of BostonMamas.com and PoshPeacock.com
- Yalanda Lattimore, founder of DryerBuzz.com
- Sarah Massey, founder of Fabulous Women Biz Owners DC and Massey Media
- Anissa Mayhew, founder of AimingLow.com and co-founder of InsertEyeRoll.com
- Morra Aarons Mele, founder of Women Online
- Shireen Mitchell, founder of Digital Sisters, Inc. and Tech Media Swirl
- Tinu Abayomi-Paul, editor of WomenGrowBusiness.com
- Elianne Ramos, host of Latinos in Social Media Twitter party and founder of Speak Hispanic
- Allissa Richardson, founder of MojoMediaWorks.com, journalist, and professor
- Liz Scherer, founder of Flashfree: Not Your Mama’s Menopause blog, health journalist, and marketing and social media strategist
- Aliza Sherman, author, digital strategist, web and social mobile pioneer, and founder of Mediaegg
- Marcia Wade Talbert, Tech Editor and Multimedia Content Producer at Black Enterprise
- Ericka Tinsley, founder of The Swarthy Suite, Fro-Fi Collective, and Chocolate Chat Atlanta
- Ronnie Tyler, co-founder of BlackandMarriedwithKids.com and Tyler New Media
- Ebony Utley, author, founder of TheUtleyExperience.com, Ms. Magazine blogger, and professor
- Amy Vernon, digital strategist, founder of Women Tech Unite! Facebook Group, freelance writer, and General Manager for Social Marketing for Internet Media Labs
- Gloria Ware, founder of Black and Into Green blog
- Veronica Woods, founder of BookYourChairSolid.com and MySalonScoop.com
While writing my upcoming Digital Sisterhood book, I created manifesto collages to better understand each leadership archetype. Check out the Empowerista’s key phrases.
Do any of the words resonate with you?
Are you an Empowerista?