Happy Halloween! If you are seeking a treat, join me on November 1 for the launch of my online book party that celebrates my new book, That Which Awakens Me: A Creative Woman’s Poetic Memoir of Self-Discovery.
The first online book party event is an author chat that will be held on November 1 at 3:00 p.m. EST on Ananda Leeke Live!, my new UStream.tv series. Click here to watch me talk about the making of my new book: www.ustream.tv/anandaleeke. You can join the chat room and ask me questions too.
My online book party also includes:
1) a series of audio blogs featuring excerpts from the book (posted on this blog on November 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30);
2) an author chat on the November 7th episode of Ananda Leeke Live! (1:00 p.m. – www.ustream.tv/anandaleeke) about the paintings and artwork included in the book;
3) an author chat on the November 14th episode of Ananda Leeke Live! (9:00 p.m. www.ustream.tv/anandaleeke) about my participation in online creative communities for National Poetry Month, Art Every Day Month, and Jamie Ridler’s Next Chapter Book Blogging Groups as a source of support during my writing process;
4) a one-on-one interview with my creative mentor Toni Dunton-Butler, President and CEO of A Silver Thread, LLC (www.asilverthread.org), about the sweet spot of sisterhood wisdom and creative lessons we learned together during my writing process on the November 15th episode of The Ananda Leeke Show at 7:00 p.m. EST – http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/15820;
5) two online yoga classes that will feature yoga-inspired excerpts from the book on November 21 and December 12 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. on www.stickam.com/anandaleeke;
6) an author chat on the December 5th episode of Ananda Leeke Live! (7:00 p.m. www.ustream.tv/anandaleeke) about the lessons I learned from writing my novel, Love’s Troubadours – Karma: Book One (www.lovestroubadours.com) and how I applied them to writing That Which Awakens Me; and
7) a one-on-one interview with my financial advisor Judy Weathers about my financial journey as a creative professional on the December 12th episode of The Ananda Leeke Show at 2:00 p.m. – http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/15820.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR for the official book release party that will be held on December 6 at 4:00 p.m. at Shakti MindBody Studio (www.shaktimindbody.com). The address is 1302 9th Street, N.W, Washington D.C. The Chinatown Metro (walk 3 blocks north on 7th Street) and Mt. Vernon Street Metro (walk 1 block South on 7th Street) are located near Shakti. For more information, contact 202.783.6463.
I will read several excerpts from That Which Awakens Me and sign copies (book sales for $32.95). I will also have copies of my debut novel, Love’s Troubadours – Karma: Book One (2007 – $20.95) for sale. If you can’t make the book party, you can purchase the books on Amazon.com beginning December 6.