Happy Creativity Thursday!
Last week, I had so much fun sharing articles, quotes, reflections, web links, and videos about creativity that I decided to dedicate one day per week to celebrating creativity. So join me for my first Creativity Thursday celebration. It’s something new I am trying out on my blog and social media platforms. So far, it is keeping me focused on my own creative expression. Thanks to HootSuite I have been able to schedule many posts for today, February, and March. My hope is that my sharing inspires you to be more creative!
So what’s cooking in your creative life today?
How are you celebrating creativity this week?
What are you planning to do in February to keep the creativity energy flowing in your world?
Here are a few highlights from my Creativity Thursday.
1) I shared how Gail McMeekin’s The 12 Secrets of Highly Successful Women has been a source of inspiration for my creative process especially with my books. Her book is currently helping me finish my Digital Sisterhood memoir. I even quote her in the memoir!
2) A Facebook friend posted a photo of Eileen Fisher, one of my favorite creative women entrepreneurs. The photo included a quote that made my day! See below.
“I want to encourage women entrepreneurs and firmly believe that business can be used to create social change, even if the economic climate is uncertain.”
PS: I have been wearing her clothes since 1994! I still have one of the first black silk sweaters I purchased back in the 90s! Vintage EF!
3) I tweeted how much I adore my digital sister Leah Piken Kolidas’ Creative Every Day and Art Every Day Month celebrations. They helped me move through writer’s block during my novel and memoir writing days. PS: Leah was named 2012 Digital Sister of the Year – Creativista!
4) Spelman College Museum of Fine Art posted a great photo of its upcoming exhibition, Multiple Choice: Perspectives which opens February 7. It features the work of ione rozeal brown, a Washington, D.C. born and bred artist I simply adore! Seeing the photo got my creative juices flowing about my own painting. I need to get back to the paint brushes and canvas.
5) I shared several links to videos that feature me sharing reflections during my book launch for That Which Awakens Me: A Creative Woman’s Poetic Memoir in 2009. Seeing the videos really made me proud of my work. See video links below.