Are you ready for Spring? It begins with the Spring Equinox and International Day of Happiness on Saturday, March 20th. You can open your heart and tap into your happiness with two mindfulness practices of smiling and gratitude.
SMILING PRACTICE: Start with a mindful practice of smiling a/k/a mouth yoga. Smiling is one of the best ways to create positive energy inside of yourself. When you smile mindfully, your positive energy can help open your heart to more gratitude. Also, your smile also has the power to brighten another’s person’s day! Watch the video and learn more about the power and practice of smiling from my Buddhist teacher Thich Nhất Hạnh.
GRATITUDE PRACTICE: Slow down and take some deep breaths. As you settle down, place your hand on your heart and bring to mind one or more things or people you are grateful for. If it helps, write your thoughts down. Go a step further and express your gratitude with a self hug or an act of appreciation for a loved one. Go here or click on the link below to listen to my Thriving Mindfully Podcast episode to get more tips.
Stop right where you are and treat this moment as your personal invitation to make a mindful self-care commitment and check in with yourself during the Thriving Mindfully Academy’s Spring Virtual Retreat on March 21st at 2-4:30 PM ET OR March 27th at 7-9:30 PM ET via Zoom.
During the virtual retreat, you will:
- Practice mindful self-care with deep breathing exercises, a mindfulness meditation with self-touch, and gentle chair yoga
- Learn how to align and manage your energy with the wisdom of the Spring Equinox, New Moon, Full Moon, and crystal therapy
- Participate in an intuitive movement exercise and a sound bath meditation that will help you open your heart to release and forgive
- Reflect on and journal about what’s working and not working in your life and career, and what’s getting in your way
- Set intentions and identify the resources, action steps, and accountability support you need to manifest who you want to be and what you want to manifest in your life and career
- Create a self-celebration plan to appreciate your small, medium, and big wins
Click on the links below to buy your tickets today! Give a retreat ticket to a loved one, friend or colleague.