Happy Internet Geek Tuesday!
In less than 30 days, I’ll be traveling to Atlanta to meet up with some of my favorite digital sisters and brothers at the fifth annual Blogalicious Weekend Conference. The conference will be held on October 3-5 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. This year’s theme is “Create. Build.Fund.”
I am excited about attending the conference because:
- It will be my fifth time attending the conference. YES, I was there in 2009 at the W Hotel in Atlanta when it all started. Read my November 2009 Examiner.com blog post.
- My dad, Dr. John F. Leeke, founder of the Dr. John: Change Agent/Change Advocate/Change Influencer blog, will be attending the conference. This will be his second conference.
- Blogalicious is hosting a Scandal season premiere party on October 3.
- EBONY Editor-in-Chief Amy DuBois Barnett, one of my digital diva sheroes and favorite magazine editors (former Honey EIC) is speaking.
- Harriette Cole, a life stylist, writer, author, and one of my digital diva sheroes, is facilitating a session on mastering your elevator pitch.
- I am looking forward to meeting new digital sisters and brothers.
- I will get to see so many of my digital sisters and brothers like Stacey Ferguson (chief curator and co-founder of Blogalicious), Boni Candelario, Danica Kombol, Andrea Amir, Amy Vernon, Mike Street, Maura Hernandez, Elisa Camahort Paige, Terrence Gaines, Dariela Cruz, Marie Denee, Jenee Darden (my Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority sister), Thien Kim, Amy Mascott, Leticia Barr, Krystal Grant, Swarthy Daisy, Ana Flores, MJ Tam, Jeannette Kaplun, Denene Milner, Shameeka Ayers, Trina Small, Yoly Mason, Luvvie Ajayi, Afrobella, Ronnie and Lamar Tyler, and so many more groovy people!
- I get to talk about crowdfunding (one of my favorite topics) with Bola Adewumi, Black Startup Chief Technology Officer and Black & Sexy TV founders Numa Perrier and Dennis Dortch on October 4 at 5:30 p.m. I am a HUGE fan of Black & Sexy TV webisodes!!!!! What a treat!!!!
- I am providing 15 minute creativity coaching sessions to Blogalicious attendees during the conference. More details on how to sign up are coming soon.
- I get to room with my digital sister Xina Eiland (it will be our third time as Blogalicious roomies!
To learn more about the conference, click here. The conference blog posts are filled with great information about the sessions and speakers. So go on and use my special 30% discount to register and attend the conference. Click here and use the code SpeakerFriend for your registration. See you in Atlanta!!