In a few weeks, I’ll be talking about social media leadership on July 26 and July 27 at the BlogHer 13 Conference in Chicago, Illinois. “What Type of Social Media Leader Are You? is the title of my 30 minute talk. During my talk, I will introduce the seven Digital Sisterhood Leadership archetypes that have helped me understand the leadership roles women play in social media.
Today, I would like to introduce you to the Empirista, a woman who thinks of herself as CEO of her own corporation, ME, Inc.; maintains an entrepreneurial mindset; and gives birth to ideas and transforms them into businesses, economies, institutions, networks, and organizations that add value to people’s lives.
During Digital Sisterhood Month 2012, the women listed below were named Digital Sisters of the Year – Empiristas. Recognize any familiar names?
- Julie Diaz Asper, co-founder of GigCoin and Social Lens Research
- Melody Biringer, author and founder of The Crave Company
- Kimberly Bryant, engineer and founder of BlackGirlsCode.com
- Majora Carter, founder of Startup Box: South Bronx
- Ana Roca Castro, founder of Latinos in Social Media and Premier Social Media
- Angie Chang, co-founder of Women 2.0
- Shaherose Charania, co-founder of Women 2.0
- Ella Gorgla, founder of I-ELLA
- LaShanda Henry, author and founder of Black Business Women Online and Multiple Shades of You Online
- Kelly Hoey, co-founder of Women Innovate Mobile
- Deborah Jackson, founder of PlumAlley.co and JumpThru, and co-founder of Women Innovate Mobile
- Jory Des Jardins, co-founder of BlogHer
- Danica Kombol, co-founder and managing partner of Everywhere
- Wen Wen Lam, co-founder of Women 2.0
- Sian Morson, founder of Kollective Mobile
- Elisa Camahort Page, co-founder of BlogHer
- Veronika Sonsev, co-founder of Women Innovate Mobile and founder of inSparq.com and Women in Wireless
- Shivani Sopory, co-founder of Women 2.0
- Lisa Stone, co-founder of BlogHer
- Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum, author and President of Spelman College
While writing my upcoming Digital Sisterhood book, I created manifesto collages to better understand each leadership archetype. Check out the Empirista’s key phrases.
Do any of the words resonate with you?
Are you an Empirista?