Happy Yoga Monday!
One of the things I loved about my yoga teacher training experience at Flow Yoga Center in 2005 and 2006 was the lessons on the five Yamas, the the moral, ethical and societal guidelines that Patanjali outlined in the Yoga Sutra for yoginis (female yoga practiioners) and yogis (male practitioners) to use in their yoga practice. They include:
- Ahimsa – nonjudgment and kindness towards yourself and others.
- Satya – truthfulness in how you feel and what you think, say, and do.
- Asteya – believing and practicing abundance and not stealing.
- Brahmacharya – using our spiritual, emotional, physical, and sexual energy wisely.
- Aparigraha – accepting and being content with who we are and what we have and not practicing jealousy.
Click here to read a Yoga Journal about the Yamas. This month, I am focusing on Ahimsa.
What is your favorite Yama?
OM #YogaMonday OM!