Happy New Year! Happy January 2013! Happy Creativity Friday!
How has your new year been so far? What’s been bubbling up in your world this month?
My month has been so much fun! I gave myself the gift of regular yoga classes at Tranquil Space and have been taking time to slow myself down and breathe in the beauty of each day!
I also found a groovy new coffee and crepes cafe to hang out in. It’s called Coffy Shop. My creative digital sister Jessica Solomon introduced me to the place. I love it because it’s based on Pam Grier’s 1970s movies. She’s one my favorite actresses! See photos below. Click here for more photos.
Last week, I had a ball at the Inauguration events. Check out one of my photos from the “To Sir With Love” Inauguration Ball for Creatives below. Click here to see more photos.
Right here and right now I am taking a few moments to pause and look outside of my window. Why? It’s snowing. It’s the wet kind of snow. I wish this D.C. snow was the Michigan stick to the ground, make a snowman kind of snow I was born into so many years ago. I wanna walk in it … Be zen-like with my Starbucks apple cider as I walk down U Street or up 16th Street to Malcolm X-Meridian Hill Park, breathing in the fresh morning air. But that’s not happening. So I decided to write this blog post to share some of my creativity thoughts I’ve been spreading around the digital world via Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter.
This morning, I woke up feeling very creative. So I named today Creativity Friday. Have you ever had a day like that?
After proclaiming it Creativity Friday, I launched my creative inspiration and content sharing efforts with the help of HootSuite (my dear scheduling tool that allows me to post content and messages minutes, hours, days, and months in advance).
So here’s what I shared.
1) Inspirational Quotes
- “There’s room for everybody on the planet to be creative and conscious if you are your own person. Tori Amos, Pop Rock Singer (WISDOM and TRUTH)
- “Creativity takes courage.” Henri Matisse (been needing courage these days to make the changes my publisher iUniverse recommended for my book, Digital Sisterhood — been dragging my feet in a silent protest…. Note to self: Time to get back on track and finish the book).
- “Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.” Dee Hock (SO TRUE – cleaning your home helps too — I just finished my two year decluttering project thanks to my amazing life coach Yael!)
- “Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place where no one else has ever been.” Alan Alda, actor (Taking this with me into February!)
- “Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.” Tina Turner, Singer (let the creative church say AMEN!)
2) A groovy Pinterest board of Creative Inspiration (I love Pinterest!) http://pinterest.com/anandaleeke/creativity-inspiration/
3) My Creative Coaching session video on what creativity looks like. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5010388
Thanks for stopping by!
PS: Next week, I will share news about my 2012 favorite moments, more updates on my January yoga/creativity/Internet geek adventures, and lifestyle blog on Tumblr — Ananda@16thandU: Lifestylista in Love with DC!