Happy May! Happy Tuesday! Bye Bye April!
It’s a brand new month. What are you looking forward to?
I am looking forward to warmer weather, pedicures with royal blue painted toes, taking photos when I walk in my neighborhood, hanging out with friends, going to the movies at the Landmark Theatre, practicing yoga outside, going to the gym to do my core and strength training exercises, writing my Digital Sisterhood book, the soft launch of the Digital Sisterhood Leadership Project (today and all month), running the Race for Hope DC 5K to raise awareness about brain tumors on May 6, watching Kerry Washington in Scandal on ABC.com, reading Marney K. Makridakis’ Creating Time book, taking my mother to dinner for Mother’s Day, traveling to Atlanta to speak at Spelman College’s Women of Color Leadership Conference on May 16-17, seeing my digital brothers and digital sisters while I am in Atlanta, meeting with my MasterMind Group each week, conducting a social media 101 training for my MasterMind group members, working at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center as an artist-in-residence for Smith Center for Healing and the Arts, attending my People of Color Buddhist Meditation Sangha’s monthly meeting, checking out new art exhibits at several local galleries, spending time at the Sunday Drummers’ Circle in Malcolm X Park , decluttering my home, finishing my homework from my financial advisor (finalizing my will, living will, healthcare power of attorney, and legal power of attorney), and visiting with family during Memorial Day Weekend.
April was a BUSY month! What were some of your highlights?
My April highlights are below (links to audio blogs are included).
- Enjoyed many mornings with sun salutations and evenings with kind and gentle yoga. My home yoga practice got JUICY!
- Danced to Esperanza Spaldings’ new CD a lot! What great jazz!
- Identified a few new writing spots in my neighborhood.
- Found a fabulous pair of denim jeans that fit me WELL. Thank goodness for Ann Taylor Loft. Our love affair continues!
- Purchased a great pair of Ann Klein patent leather ballerina flats from Macy’s. FINALLY!
- Enjoyed a sweet Good Friday service at All Souls Church.
- Worked with an amazing group of wounded warriors on creative projects at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Spent time looking for Mother’s Day, graduation day, and birthday cards.
- Mailed my taxes and received a nice refund that is going straight into my IRA.
- Got some great spring lipsticks and jewelry from Target.
- Treated myself to a scented lotion trip to Bath & Body. Love the orange ginger body lotion and shower gel.
- Started eating oat bran with raisins as an afternoon snack. It helps fight off the hunger pains and sweet tooth desires.
- Went to the DC screening of Scandal, a new ABC TV show featuring Kerry Washington. Loved it!
- Received so much wisdom from Sara Olivieri’s workshop for the DC Fabulous Women Business Owners.
- Discovered the Farmer’s Market crepe at DC Scoop on U Street.
- Attended the Public Meeting for the Northeast Region of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. (my sorority) at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. Initially, I came to the event to support my mother and soror, Theresa Leeke, the event chairwoman. Little did I know that I would walk away inspired by motivational speaker Willie Jolley and the Duke Ellington Choir. What a powerful night!
- Reconnected with my former coach and mentor C’s Little of the UDL Group. C’s mentored and coached me during the 90s. He invited me to join his MasterMind Group which meets each week. So far, the group is helping me stay on track with my fierce living commitments, fitness program, 5K trainings, Digital Sisterhood book writing, and home decluttering. I AM SO GRATEFUL!
- Had a lot of fun running the 5K Race to Stop the Silence on April 29 at Freedom Plaza in DC. The race raises awareness for child sexual abuse. It was a great way to jumpstart my Spring fitness program. Now I am on fire to run, train, and strengthen my body! Click here to listen to my audio blog after the 5K race.
- Finished reading Dr. Brene Brown’s book, The Gifts of Imperfection. It helped me get back on track with my Digital Sisterhood book writing. Deep bow of GRATITUDE! Click here to listen to my audio blog which features my takeaways.
- Began reading Marney K. Makridakis’ Creating Time. The book is a game changer because it is helping me slow down and appreciate my own sense of time. I so needed to read this book as I write my own book! Click here to listen to my first review of the book and a present moment poem.
- Hung out with friends at local cafes. It was fun to shoot the breeze!
- Took photos of Springtime with my digital camera.
- Decided to launch the Digital Sisterhood Leadership Project.
- Maintained my digital diet for most of the month. It was eye opening. It helped me set some important boundaries with my online time.
GOSH Ananda, what a busy month you had!!! Much love girl! ❤
It was great. How was your month? Any new plans for May? Are you going to BlogHer? Thanks for commenting.