It’s been a week since I attended BlissDom 2012 at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. Since then I have been marinating in the beauty and memories of the amazing conference and community. In the midst of all of this marinating, I was able to:
- ease back into my daily life with insights gained from Jeannette Kaplun’s session on Living (and Embracing) the Best of the Life You Have Created for Yourself (thank you Jeannette for reminding me to choose joy, grace, gratitude, ease, acceptance, forgiveness, and peace!),
- go grocery shopping and pay the monthly bills,
- wash my clothes and watch Young and the Restless, Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy, and Revenge (yep I am a soap opera lover),
- put my luggage and BlissDom swag away,
- wear some of my BlissDom swag like my Lisa Leonard silver “bliss” necklace,
- drink water out of my BlissDom swag cup from the Croc company,
- re-gift some of the BlissDom swag,
- share conference highlights with family and friends,
- do a mental check-in with myself about my 2012 vision and mission statement as it relates to my personal brand based on the work I did during Tami Heim’s session on Branding You: The Merger Between Their Perception and Your Reality (thanks Tami for preparing me for this amazing work I am called to do this year!),
- review my conference session notes and aha moments in my journal and determine what parts I will include in the last chapter of my upcoming Digital Sisterhood book,
- post my conference photos on Flickr and write a narrative about most of my favorite moments,
- add my photos to the BlissDom photo group on Flickr so others can see them,
- record and tweet four Cinchcast audio blog recaps about some of the conference sessions I attended and things I learned,
- follow and read the #BlissDom & #BlissDom12 Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and blog posts written by my fellow BlissDom digital sisters and brothers,
- watch the opening conference videos from BlissDom 2012 and BlissDom 2011 (these videos really inspire me),
- embrace my visual voice by visiting a new video web site and creating a short video with music (thanks Diane Cu for your amazing conference session on Storytelling and Embracing Imperfection: Empower Your Visual Voice with Photography and Video), and
- write this blog (which is part one of my BlissDom 2012 Conference Recap series).
What fun I have had! And there’s more blog posts with photos and audio blogs to come in the next days and weeks. In the meantime, check out the links to my Flickr photos and audio blog recaps on Cinchcast below. Enjoy!
2) Cinchcast Audio Blog Recap #1 discusses the meaning of BlissDom (includes an acronym I created to explain BlissDom).
5) Cinchcast Audio Blog Recap #4 discusses the takeaways I received from Diane Cu’s session on Storytelling and Embracing Imperfection: Empower Your Visual Voice with Photography and Video.