1) Ananda is launching “30 Days of Poetry, Jazz, & Earth Day Awareness,” an online campaign that promotes National Poetry Month, National Jazz Appreciation Month, and the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day. From April 1 to April 30, she will use social media and six-word memoirs to share jazz inspirations, poetry, and reflections about Earth Day and green living. Some of Ananda’s audio blogs, YouTube videos, written blogs, Twitter tweets, Flickr photos, and Facebook posts will include:
- excerpts from her new book That Which Awakens Me: A Creative Woman’s Poetic Memoir of Self-Discovery,
- poetry written by her favorite poets,
- quotes by, videos of, and links to her favorite green living activists, artists, and activists, and
- videos and photos featuring her favorite jazz singers and musicians.
Be sure to visit Ananda on the social media sites listed below.
2) Begin April by listening to Ananda share her favorite poems about jazz, poetry, springtime, Cherry blossoms in Washington, DC, green living, and Mother Earth (in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day) on April 1 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:15 a.m. EST on BlogTalkRadio. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/anandaleeke.
3) Join Ananda for an author talk about poetry as a natural medicine for the soul on April 8 from 9:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. EST on Ananda Leeke Live! UStream.tv. During the talk, Ananda will share how she uses poetry in her work as an artist-in-residence for Smith Farm Center for Healing and the Arts. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ananda-leeke-live.
4) Participate in Ananda’s free kind and gentle yoga Meetup class on April 18 from 11:30 a.m. to 12 noon at Malcolm X-Meridian Hill Park in DC (16th Street and Florida Avenue, NW – in front of the waterfall). If it rains, the group will not meet. The class will be dedicated to National Poetry Month, Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. BRING YOUR OWN MAT. Mats are NOT provided. Click on the link for more details: http://yoga.meetup.com/584.
5) Join Ananda for a creativity coaching session on how to identify your inner critic on April 29 from 9:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. EST on Ananda Leeke Live! UStream.tv. The session will include exercises from Ananda’s new book That Which Awakens Me: A Creative Woman’s Poetic Memoir of Self-Discovery. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ananda-leeke-live.