A few more things about Karma…
- Karma is a Daddy’s girl who graduated from Morgan State University, a historically Black college.
- Her mother is a lot like Whitley Gilbert’s mother on A Different World. She was born in New Orleans and attended Xavier University.
- Her twin sister is a BAP lawyer with a Spelman College foundation.
- She is a sorority girl and member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- She loves chocolate martinis, Thai and Indian food, Black feminist books and romance novels, the arts, traveling, and all types of music such as classical, neosoul, jazz, and Afro-Cuban jazz.
- She also loves to dance salsa and hang out with her sistafriends at Habana Village and cafes such as Bua, Teaism, and Mocha Hut in D.C.
- She wears reddish brown locs and considers herself a natural woman with MAC lipstick. Her favorite clothing comes from Ann Taylor Loft, Moshood, Eileen Fisher, and vintage stores. She adores jewelry too.
- She is also active in her community. She supports causes that improve the lives of women and people of color. HIV/AIDS prevention and education play a major role in her service work.
- She loves spoken word events and writes poetry.
- Karma uses Internet dating to spice up her social life.
- She believes in taking responsibility for her own emotional well-being and sexual health. That’s why she spends time seeing a therapist, works hard to uncover her wounds, surrenders to her own healing journey, and engages in self pleasure.
- Karma’s greatest lesson is learning to accept and love herself.
- Like the Black American Princess Tiana in Walt Disney’s new movie The Princess and the Frog (release dates -November 25 and December 11 – http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog), Karma’s life journey is one of self-discovery.
Buy Love’s Troubadours on Amazon.com for $20.95: http://www.amazon.com/Loves-Troubadours-Karma-Book-One/dp/0595440819/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-2834089-1615222?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192066805&sr=8-1.
Thank you for your support! I really appreciate it!
Peace and Creativity,